Track skipping --- Behavior changed since 1.7 update

I’m also seeing the issue of Qobuz tracks stopping and skipping to the next track. I see no error message when this happens. In version 1.6 I had some skipping issues if playing 192/24 from Qobuz. This was likely due to broadband limits and Roon gave error messages when the skipping occurred. I had no problems with 96/24 from Qobuz in version 1.6.

The most recent skipping involved 48/24 source. It plays without interruption using the Auralic app.

Core: i5 NUC/ROCK
Endpoints: Auralic Altair and Bluesound Pulse 2 (skipping happens with both)
All network connections are wired.

Just a few followup questions!

What are the makes and models of your networking gear? What is your internet speed?
Have you tried playing music from System Output with DSP turned off?

Netgear router, Nighthawk model R7000

One Netgear switch model GS305 to connect the two endpoints.

Internet speed 12 Mbps maximum, tests near that. Skipping occurs with no other streaming activity.

I’ve noticed skipping on an iMac using an ethernet connection. I don’t have any audio output configured from the NUC core device.

Later: Configured one of the HDMI outputs of the NUC core. No DSP. Based on timing it skipped when playing 48/24 track from Qobuz within 30 minutes.

Thanks

A post was split to a new topic: Skipping randomly on Qobuz

By the way, this was moved to a separate topic as an “ongoing” problem that was already present in 1.6. As I stated in my initial post, the skipping in 1.6 was only with 192/24 Qobuz tracks. Since the 1.7 update ALL Qobuz tracks skip, regardless of resolution. One feature I was happy to see in 1.7 was the ability to set streaming quality for Qobuz. I set it to 96/24 as soon as 1.7 was installed.

Hi @Jerry_Stock,

I’ve updated the post title to be more accurate to the description you’ve provided.

Is there any change if you log out of Qobuz in Roon and log back in?

I won’t have a chance to try that until this evening.

1 Like

Thanks, @Jerry_Stock. Just let us know when you’ve had the chance and if you’re continuing to see this.

If you are, it would be good to know if lowering Qobuz settings in Roon changes anything as well.

I did the log out/log back for Qobuz. The first 7 minute track after this played all the way through but then the second track was skipped and it started the third track. That was a 96/24 file.
I followed with a 44.1/16 file. 2 of 15 tracks did not complete.

Thanks for the update, @Jerry_Stock.

Have you noticed any patterns? Are there certain tracks or types of tracks that seem to do this more often?

As a test, if you lower the Qobuz quality settings in Roon, does this behavior improve?

I started out today by restarting all network components, the Roon Core and the endpoints. With Qobuz set for 96/24 max within Roon I’ve played a few hours of 96/24 and 48/24 without skipping and intended to report that all is well.
However… Just now there was a pause at the conclusion of track 2, then played a tiny bit of track 3, followed by a skip to track 4. In the History listing track 3 is missing, with 100% for 1, 2 and 4.

Hey @Jerry_Stock,

I see this was a problem even before 1.7 but I wanted to let you know that we just released Build 505 with some changes that may help here.

Can you give it a shot and let us know how things are going?

Thanks!

More details are here:

After update to Build 505 I have streamed Qobuz, mostly 96/24, for at least 4 hours and have encountered no further skipping. Thanks to the Roon staff for your prompt attention to the skipping problem!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.