Track Stopped Due to LostEndpoint - plays fine via Tidal

The set up: ROCK wired to Verizon Fios Gigabit sending bits to Chromecast Audio over wifi.

The problem: Any playlist plays fine directly from Tidal. The same Roon playlist randomly stops at the end of a random song in the playlist when played on Roon. If I press play after it stopped, it happily plays the song.

Tried so far: restarting modem, router, switch, ROCK, Chromecast audio. All software is up to date. Please see screenshot of the log.

Hi @npeter,

Just to confirm, does this only happen when playing to Chromecast?

Hi @dylan, I only use chromecast audio so I wouldn’t know. What bothers me is that the same Tidal playlist works fine when I cast it to chromecast audio.

Was going to say it works fine when I cast the same playlist from Tidal app directly to chromecast audio. Same wifi.

I am playing the playlist on my mac now, so far so good. It’s not the best way to test because Roon issue is random. Sometimes it plays all songs and sometimes it just stops after a random playlist song is finished. Casting directly from Tidal worked 5 out of 5. Casting from Roon to macbook worked 1 of 1.

Hello @npeter, and thanks for the update! Do you have any issues playing local content to this Chromecast endpoint?

Hi @nuwriy, I only have few local songs but it happened once with one local song as well.

Hello @npeter, could you please reproduce the issue one more time and reply to this thread with the track name that was playing and a timestamp (in your local timezone) when you do? I’d like to enable diagnostics for your account and get a report in front of our QA team. Thanks!

Hello @nuwriy, it happened again last night.

Track name is Naima - John Coltrane.

Timestamp from the log is 12/05 04:58:16 which is 12/04 23:58:16 in my local timezone.

Hello @npeter, my apologies for the delayed response. I wanted to run these diagnostics by the team and have since done so. We have enabled advanced diagnostics for your account, and here’s what we need to continue:

1. Reproduce the issue one more time and let me know the time this was done and with what track
  2. Immediately close Roon
  3. Use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.