Track unavailable in Roon but available in Tidal app

I have issues with The Smashing Pumpkins’ track Bullet with Butterfly Wings that is available on Tidal when using its own app but unavailable through Roon?

if its a recent release it might take a few days or more to show up in Roon’s Tidal listings.

It’s not a recent release. Quite an “old” album and been on Tidal for some time.

Maybe a local thing? I’m playing it right now from Tidal in the states.

@support maybe the roon lads can shed some light.

I was having issues playing any Tidal content this morning (and for the last few days for that matter). I logged out and logged back in and all is now working. This has happened before as I recall. Not sure why but it is what it is I guess.

Thanks for reaching out, @Tuomo_Henriksson!

Can you verify which album in TIDAL you’re experiencing this with?

Are all of the other tracks on the album playing without issue?

Thanks,
Dylan

The album is Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness by The Smashing Pumpkins. All of the other tracks on this album play without any issues.

Took me a minute to find it. Under Smashing Pumpkins not The Smashing Pumpkins. But I’m listening to Bullet With Butterfly Wings as I write this. Like Rugby I am in the US.

Tim

Hey @Tuomo_Henriksson,

There appears to be two versions of this album. One showing as being by The Smashing Pumpkins. The other is shown as being by Smashing Pumpkins — This one appears to work for me.

Can you do a search for this album in Roon and see if you’re able to play it there?

Thanks,
Dylan

Dylan,

Here in the US when I pull up albums for The Smashing Pumpkins on Tidal using Roon I see ten albums but Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness is not one of them. Six of them show the artist as Smashing Pumpkins and four show the artist as The Smashing Pumpkins. When I select Smashing Pumpkins as the artist I only see one album, Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness.

Seems odd that four of the ten albums shown when searching for The Smashing Pumpkins show the artist as just Smashing Pumpkins but then those don’t show up if you search for Smashing Pumpkins.

Also not the first time that I’ve seen Tidal’s offerings vary by region.

Tim

Ok, the record can be found both under The Smashing Pumpkins and Smashing Pumpkins. It’s a double disc version under The Smashing Pumpkins and under Smashing Pumpkins it’s shown as two separate records. The track Bullet With Butterfly Wings plays well under Smashing Pumpkins but is not available under The Smashing Pumpkins. I added the two separate albums into my library and then edited and merged the albums to get one playable double disc album. So problem solved.

Glad you found a way to get the track to play.

Here in the US it’s identified as a “Deluxe Edition” and has five discs with a total of ninety two tracks.

It seems obvious to me that it would be better if the offerings were consistent from region to region but apparently those in control of the business side of the “music business” have other / better ideas :tired_face:

Tim