Track "We Bring You the Stars" by Metalite cuts off at 2:40 due to software bug (ref#J2IOHR) [Investigating] [Ticket In]

What best describes your playback issue?

· Music stops playing mid-track

Is there a specific error message you see? If so, please select from the following options:

· Other

Please try to reboot your Roon Server and check to see if this helps.

· Rebooting my Server had no effect, the issue remains

Please try to reboot and unplug/replug in your affected audio device and check to see if this helps.

· Rebooting and unplugging/replugging my audio device, the issue remains

Please open your Roon Remote and select the "System Output" Zone and try to play to it. Do you encounter any playback errors with this Zone?

· Playback *errors for both* my other zone and when I play to System Output as well

Please try fully rebooting your network equipment

· No, I'm still having trouble

An issue with playback on System Output and another zone often indicates a network security problem. *Check your firewall(s)* to ensure that *Roon*, *RoonServer *and *RAATServer* are allowed to properly communicate

· I'm still having problems / This isn't relevant to me

Does the issue happen with local library music, streaming service music, or both?

· Only streaming content while local content works fine

Please select the streaming service(s) with which you're encountering playback problems.

· TIDAL

Have you tried logging out and back in again to your streaming service?

· Logging out and back in had no impact, the issue remains

What is the model/manufacturer of the affected audio device(s) and the connection type?

· Irrelevant, all zones and devices are affected

Describe the issue

There is a particular track on Tidal - "We Bring You the Stars" by Metalite - that consistently cuts off at 2:40 into the song due to some software bug. I can see a related error in the logs (will attach below). The song plays fine on my phone using the native Tidal app.

Describe your network setup

Irrelevant, but: ISP router (IPv4 DMZd), ER605 (router for IPv4, passthrough for IPv6), NUC with core hardwired onto that, remotes on Wifi.

Its the track itself. It reports 3 but stops as you sat at 2.42.
Need roon to have a look.

Yeah and playing it via Tidal on my Android confirms it is indeed 3:00 long. I mean there may be some encoding discrepancy or something but if the app can play the stream, so should Roon.

Hi @Marcell_Toth,

Thank you for the report. QA is investigating the downloader’s handling of this Tidal-provided file and will follow up with more information.

1 Like