Tracks being skipped through during playback (ROCK)

@mike @Eric the problem occurred again just now. Both TIDAL and stored tracks skipped as above connected to RoonBridge in a Pi Allo DigiOne. Same tracks play fine via airplay on the same Pi and to a Dragonfly connected to the core. Time approx 11:43 a.m. EST, today, Dec. 14.

Again. 8:40 pm.

Again. 9:54.

Hi @fritzg ----- Thank you for the update time stamps, I will go ahead and re-enable diagnostics on your account.

Furthermore, as it is a touch unclear to me from your recent post(s) :innocent:, did you happen to give the test proposed by @mike a go?

-Eric

Again at 5:52 tonight. This is really disabling. @Eric

No, I havenā€™t done that yet. I am unclear as to how I add a second storage device temporarily to Roon in a way that wonā€™t mess up my library.

Also, this happens with files that arenā€™t stored on disc such as TIDAL files. Plus, this works fine with non-RoonBridge endpoints, even the same endpoint that has both RoonBridge and AirPlay.

What are you concerned about?

Adding music and then deleting the wrong ones when I remove it.

I also donā€™t see what it proves since the data already shows there isnā€™t a problem unless RoonBridge is involved. Iā€™ll try it tomorrow, though.

@mike

@mike I also have a NAS and other storage options. Would using those suffice for your test? Iā€™m actually not sure I can lay my hands on a flash drive.

Again at 7:48 pm.

Again, 7:44 a.m.

Thank you for the additional timestamps @fritzg!

Moving forward, I had a chance to touch base with the team today in regard to the diagnostics we received from your system. Our techā€™s reviewed the attached logs in accordance with the mentioned time frames (#1 and #2) and noted that when the issue is occurring you are using the DSP engine to upsample.

Being that this issue seems to be somewhat sporadic in nature, the team has advised to disable the DSP engine and try the RoonBridge endpoint without any upsampling for a day. Please verify if you still notice the issue with the DSP engine (temporarily) disabled.

-Eric

@eric Will do. Will test later in the week.

1 Like

@Eric Checking in to say that after updating to 1.4, the issue seems to have gone away. Something must have changed in the previous release that was fixed with 1.4, or I have had a very lucky week.

Thanks for checking in with me @fritzg, I am glad to hear things have been performing as expected.

-Eric