Tracks don't start playing from Tidal without pressing pause and play (Chromecast Audio) [Resolved - B778]

misery loves company…ugh. Just glad the toggle pause to play works. But often I just pull up the Tidal app, especially if I have guests and don’t want to take time fiddling with roon.

Ken

Same situation here. Just bought an CCA looking and I was looking forward to having some music in the bedroom, but run into the same problem. It doesn’t matter if I run my local music or Qoobuz. If I understand correctly it was working before? Hope this gets fixed soon.

Hi everyone,

We appreciate your patience as we’ve looked into this issue. We have a ticket open with our team about this and, while I can’t provide any specific timelines for a solution, our team is actively working on this and we’ll be sure to provide an update on this as soon as we can.

7 Likes

Yes! It has worked great until last build.

Jonas

Thank you for this information and the good news. Looking forward to start using Roon again.

Jonas

Just to add I have helped @norris with this issue, any testing please let me know. Happy to look and send logs of that helps.

Hopefully a fix for the next release.

Is there any diagnostics I can do on the CCA?

+1 on this issue. Having the same problems.

Also on CCA+Tidal - using Google Wifi Mesh from Core to CCA.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, me too on this issue. Sincerely hoping for a quick fix.

Just wanted to add my name to the list. Exactly the same problem with CCA. Never had it before.

Is there any news on this topic? I have three CCAs and now can’t use any of them (at least not without serious irritation).

+1 from me. I’m on 14 day trial period since yesterday and I’m seriously considering roon subscription, but this issue (if not solved) will probably keep me from it.

Yes Mikolaj, it’s about the same for me going into a new subscription period in beginning of november and with this issue i am definitly waiting until it’s fixed. I did consider buying a lifetime subscription for Roon next month, but when a bug takes this long time fixing i will keep it from year to year.

I was very pleased to use Roon before last build with zero issues for almost 10 month. And now 2 month with same problem.

2 Likes

My issue exactly as Jonas, issue with 16bit only through either tidal or server.

MQA and 24bit play ok

All started with last update. I won’t renew my subscription if not fixed unfortunately

Is anyone from Roon going to update us on this issue?

3 Likes

I have cancelled my Roon subscription now as it was about to get renewed tomorrow. This is taking way to long time fixing without any more feedback that problem is found and corrected in next build.

Best regards
Jonas

Same problem for me. Have some fix please?

Gapless is intermittent on Chromecast Audio and Sonos for me

If if decide I want to skip forward or backward it seems to break - if I let the album play continuously it sometimes works

Can we not roll back to a working version?

Would like to nudge gently too. It’s a bit of a nuisance and if there is a fix on the way it wouldn’t hurt to give us a bit of an overview.

I do have the same problem with my ChromeCast Audio stream from Roon to Primare SC15. I saw this problem recently and it looks that the latest update has broken the CC playback.

I need to press PLAY twice for both radio stream and Tidal account in order to see the playback moving. Sometimes works and sometimes it doesn’t, creating an irritating user experience.

Do you know when this will be fixed?

Hi everyone,

I can’t provide any timelines yet, but this is a high priority issue for us and I’ve requested an update from the team. As soon as we have more information we’ll reach out to you here. Apologies for the continue troubles, and thanks for your patience while we continue to work on this.

2 Likes

Thank you for letting us know. Glad to hear it is high priority. I would also mention that this is only an issue because Roon is an important part of our experience. If it weren’t we wouldn’t care so much.
Best wishes

1 Like