Tracks frequently stop after a few seconds/mins

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

windows 10 / Roon 1.7 build 505

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Virgin Media Hub 3 / wifi (in same room)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet 200

Description Of Issue

Since the upgrade, tracks very often just stop playing -sometimes a few seconds or a minute or two. Still show as playing. I have to select a different track to start music again.
Im also experiencing glitches and skipping that I never did before on Tidal tracks and locally stored tracks.
its become unusable.

As per my other topic - the upgrade wiped my existing settings - including DSP filters that were “saved”.
A lot of my albums show as new too (around 30% of library) - when they were not.
Not a good upgrade.
Please help. Thanks.

Hi @Adam_Embleton,

Can I please request that you share a copy of your Roon logs with me by using these instructions? The best way to get these over to me would be via a shared Dropbox / Google Drive link, but if you don’t have either services let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhqPIFz3KOUYgo12Y4mkrhY6MIM8WA?e=X6g92p

Hi Noris, I seemed to have solved my immediate issues. Ive hard wired to router. Ive turned off Roon Core MQA decoding (which had turned itself back on?). And all seems good. Ive redone my DSPs and I’ll live with the collection all being new again - as I dont think we can do anything about that.
So - given lots of other people have issues - concentrate on helping them rather than me.

Hi @Adam_Embleton,

Thank you for the update here, glad to hear that hard-wiring has resolved this behavior! This could indicate a WiFi networking issue somewhere along the line, so I would check in this direction if you wish to troubleshoot further, perhaps check the WiFi channels and make sure that there is minimum interference.

I will go ahead and mark your response as the solution as you requested, if you have other issues feel free to reach out again, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 33 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.