Tracks from different albums mix-up

Hi, is there a way to move a track from one album to another? I have the song Avalon from the original Roxy Music album and I have the same song in another compilation album. These two disks are in separate folders on my C:\FLAC\ directory. For some reason, Roon has decided to place the track from the original album into the compilation album and created a “disk 2” of the compilation album with the duplicate track. How can I fixed this? Is there a way to “force” Roon to respect the folder structure?

Thanks, Hammer

Hi Hammer,

Me again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

What you want this time is Fix Track Grouping. See here. In this article, you want Split Multi-Disc Set into Individual Albums. You will want to remove Disk 2 and save the 1 disk compilation album.

The original Disk 2 should now be a separate album with 1 track. You can now select that “album” and the album with the missing track and use the Merge Album feature.

Cheers, Greg

Thank you! I think I will request an option to first group by directory!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an instance of this in my database. How closely have you followed Roon’s guidelines re file naming and tagging?

Seems to happen randomly…I have thousands of albums so hard to say where things went wrong! Also hard to know if I’m catching all the grouping errors!