Tracks grouped in to wrong albums

Content you’re reporting an issue with

There are two albums in my Roon, Argerich and Rostropovich Complete Recordings on DG. But CD12 and CD14 of Argerich are grouped in to Rostropovich album. So now CD 12 and 14 in Rostropovich album have strange tracks. And Argerich album have 2 CDs missing.

I am sure the tracks have correct “Album” metadata in the files. I even force re-scan the whole library. It didn’t help. I don’t know how to fix them now.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Screenshot of import settings

I use “Prefer Roon” in my import settings. But I tried setting “Prefer File” in the two albums and re-scaned. No fix.

Description of the issue

Hi @Yongping_Yao

Thank you for getting in touch about this. We’d be happy to take a look and see if we can help.

I think Roon has misidentified 2 of the discs from the Argerich box (12 & 14) as Rostropovich discs because both names (Argerich & Rostropovich) are in your Artist tags on those discs. Rostropovich is the Conductor on discs 12 and 14 of the Argerich set.

To further complicate the situation, both sets share the same name The Complete Recordings on Deutsche Grammophone. This was probably all that was needed to conflate these discs and cause an equivalence problem.

Let’s have you try to re-identify the albums in Roon and see if that helps. Here’s how you’ll do it:

1. Go to the album page for the Martha Argerich Box Set
  2. Click the ellipsis on the album page
  3. Click edit
  4. Click Identify album
  5. Click the correct album title if it appears (if it doesn’t jump to step 7)
  6. On the next page compare the tracks on your library version to the one in our database
  7. If you don’t see the album you’re looking for click “None of these look right”
  8. Enter the Artist and Album Title in the search window and click the correct album
  9. On the next page compare the tracks on your library version to the one in our database
  10. Click Save
  11. Review the metadata again to ensure you selected the correct version.

Then repeat this process for the Rostropovich Box set also.

Please let us know if this helps!

I’ve tried this before.

I have solved this problem now. I moved Argerich album out of the library and use your method to re-identify Rostropovich box. The I got correct metadata for it. Then I move Argerich back and it’s recognised correctly.

Thank you.

Thank you for the update @Yongping_Yao. I’m glad that my suggestion helped.

Can I ask a quick question that may help other customers who have this problem?

You did try to re-identify Argerich using the steps I recommended first but that didn’t work? You had to remove Argerich from your library first in order to correctly identify Rostropovich?

You answer will help me improve these steps the next time I see a similar problem. Thank you for your help!

Yes. That’s why I’m puzzled. Some tracks from Argerich box were classified to Rostropovich’s wrongly. Re-identify did not resolved it. Then it occurred to me that if there’s only Argerich box, nothing can be grouped incorrect. So I move one box out and re-identify and make sure new metadata is OK.

I think Roon will only scan Rostropovich’s album when I move it back and leave Argerich’s alone. And yes, that solved the problem.

Thank you @Yongping_Yao! I really appreciate your help. :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.