Tracks I play in Roon do not appear on my TIDAL recently played list

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacMini 2018. 3GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 16GB Ram
macOS Catalina 10.15.4
Synology NAS with some albums to try

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

MacMini wired to gigabit ethernet switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iPad Pro 2019 connected wirelessly
iPhone 11 connected wirelessly
MacBook Pro 13 inch 2018 connected wirelessly

Description Of Issue

I am new to Roon, actually in my trial period but liking it a lot and thinking about making it my primary system for digital playback.

All works perfectly, including playing and adding music from my TIDAL HIFI subscription. When I add an album in TIDAL, it gets added in Roon and if I add a TIDAL album from Roon it appears in my favourites in TIDAL. All good.

The problem is that the songs I play from Roon, in any of the tested devices, MacBook, iPad and iPhone, they do not get added to my recently played tracks in TIDAL. I do not know if this is the normal Roon behaviour, or if I am having a problem.

It would be very good that all tracks that I play in Roon would be added to the recently played tracks in TIDAL, for the discovery features of TIDAL to work better.

Hope you can give me some light on this issue!

Many thanks and great job with Roon!

Hello All,

The problem is that the tracks I play using Roon do not appear as Recently Played on TIDAL, thus not helping in the selection of music that TIDAL performs.

I wanted to know if this is just not possible with Roon or if it is just not working for me for some reason.

I have the latest version of Roon installed on a MacMini Server and all is working well in my network, including TIDAL integration, etc…

If someone could help it would be appreciated!

Hello @Erich_Buchen, I wanted to clarify which section of the TIDAL app we’re talking about. The “Recently Played” section is for your activity inside the TIDAL app, but the “Your History” section should contain information about Roon as seen below.

Many thanks Nuwriy for your support! All clear now… indeed in the section Your History the tracks do appear, and it serves also for TIDAL suggestions, very useful for when I use TIDAL away from home.

Perfect now, I am still in a trial period of Roon but most definitely I will make it my primary music source!

Hey @Erich_Buchen, that’s fantastic news! Feel free to reach out to us if you need help in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.