Tracks Skip During Playback [Resolved]

Hi again,
So my music was indexed but now it won’t play songs… it just skip tracks without playin them…
Before I indexed my music I was able to listen via Tidal. Now it plays nothing.
When I pick an album - no meter if from my music or TIdal - it just skips every track without playing it.
When I choose to play threw the TV speakers it works fine, when I switch to my D/A converter it skips.
Listening threw Tidal app works fine so I guess it’s not the D/A nor the USB cable.
Also tried multiple restarts to my HTPC, router and D/A. Didn’t work
Also I couldn’t find where can I change the buffer size.

My chain: i5, win10—USB—Hegel HD20 d/a converter----analog to amplifier

Thanks

Hi @tomer_solomon ---- I went ahead and split this post out into a new thread as this would appear to be a different issue that you had reported previously.

Can you verify that your music was finished being analyzed by Roon before you started noticing this behavior? The reason I ask is because this process can take a bit of time depending on the size of the library being used and since you got your NAS mounted only a day ago I want to be sure that all processing has completed. I have provided an example below of what you should be looking for :wink:

-Eric

Thanks Eric,
It’s analyzing 79/6515 and not running. How do I restart the scan?
Is this the reason for skipping? If so then how does it play when using hdmi output? And why is playing threw Tidal also skipping tracks?

Edit: I switched to fast (4 core) and it scanned the rest of the files.
Still doesn’t work

Got this when switched to exclusive mode
Driver is up to date

Still unable to play music,
Any suggestions?

Hi @tomer_solomon ---- Thank you for the follow up! Based on this information, it appears that Roon is struggling to interact with the DAC properly.

Moving forward, I would like to see if we can trigger a changed in behavior by performing the following:

1. Please close the application and power cycle all of your equipment again so we are in a “fresh” state.

2. Once your computer is powered back up, please navigate to the directory where your database is located and delete your “RAATServer” folder. Example below.

1. Right click on the volume icon at the bottom of the screen, select the Hegel HD20 (should have a green check mare next to the device), and make sure that “exclusive mode” is “checked” as seen in the example below:

1. Please launch Roon and confirm if you experience the same behavior.

-Eric

Hi Eric,
It Works perfect now
Thank you so much

2 Likes

Awesome! Very glad to hear that things are working as they should after the adjustment, @tomer_solomon. Happy listening!

-Eric