Tracks skip in some configurations

I’m experiencing the same issue running Roon ROCK on NUC7i7 on wired and wireless endpoints. If streaming stops hitting pause and then play or hitting next and previous track resumes streaming.

I experienced the issue with an Allo Boss DAC (wired - RPi3+ running RoPieee) and with a NAD T777v3 (wireless).
Tonight i’m using a Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital (wired - RPI3+running RoPieee) an did not experience the issue yet.

Hi @seagull,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is there any difference in how the Pro-Ject is connected vs the Allo?

Are you using DSP with one setup but not the other?

@dylan
Network configuration:

• WatchGuard XTM25 firewall appliance running WatchGuard Total Security Suite
  • HPE 2530 48G PoE+ Switch
  • Intel NUC 7i7 running Roon ROCK
  • WatchGuard AP125 access points

The Allo Boss DAC and the Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital are both connected via Ethernet.
Both are connected via RPi3+ running RoPieee.

Wireless endpoints are NAD T777 v3, Bluesound Node 2 grouped with Bluesound Soundbar and RPi3+ running RoPieee connected to Meridian Explorer².

Edit: currently streaming on another wired RPi3+/Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital and having the same issue again.

Thanks, @seagull.

Have you noticed any patterns here? Is there certain content that seems to trigger this more frequently than others?

If you temporarily lower streaming quality for TIDAL/Qobuz in Roon is there any noticeable change?

@dylan
I temporarily changed the Tidal streaming quality from Master to High and did not experience any issues streaming to the same wired RPi3+/Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital endpoint.
Playing the new Rod Stewart You’re In My Hart album with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra for about an hour now.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.