Tracks skip when streaming from Tidal or Qobuz since Roon 1.7

I have just been listening to an album from Qobuz and tracks advanced twice in a period of half an hour. The tracks concerned played for a second or so, then playback advanced to the next track. Not good.

3 Likes

Hi @Jez,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

12 posts were split to a new topic: Playback skipping sometimes after update

Your post should include:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs)
    Acer fanless laptop with a 1TB SSD, uotodate Windows10, no DSP or any other processing
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
    Fast fibre broadband, Vodafone. Wireless connection,
  • Audio devices in use
    Chord DAVE
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)
    Qobuz,

Just did it again for me. Previously it had jumped almost at the beginning of a track. This time it was mid track. Not good. If it happens more than two or three times more I will stop using Roon until it is fixed. I cannot have my music messed up like this.

Hello,

Thanks for the report. Can I please ask you to perform this test?

• Try selecting your Core’s “System Output” zone (typically the laptop speakers)
  • Have no DSP active in this zone
  • Start playback of Qobuz content
  • Note the exact local time + date of when you notice the next issue (e.g. 3:28PM 11/22/19)

This seems to be the same issue as I reported separately Issue with Roon stopping playing/skipping to end of track after upgrade to 1.7

1 Like

I, too, would be interested in knowing if @support wants more timeline data on this. I’ll have some spare time later this afternoon.

Hi Noris, I don’t know if this is helpful but I am having this problem in Volumio as well as Roon.

I would like to ask roon why this issue has been split into so many different threads. It makes it impossible to have a two way conversation with roon about progress

2 Likes

Just to say I have yet to experience any issues with Qobuz or Tidal since 1.7.

Hi @RobH there are now so many different threads on this problem that I don’t know if you’ve had any helpful advice from Roon yet. I haven’t so far.

Absolutely agree - it is almost as if Roon @support wants to treat all the failures as idiosyncratic and ignore the correlation.

1 Like

We’re actively investigating this issue and working to determine what’s causing this problem for some (but not all) users.

One of the most important ways support helps resolve issues is by collecting information from mulitple people who are experiencing similar symptoms – often once we are look at logs we’re able to determine that two people with similar symptoms are actually experiencing different kinds of failures. And then we can proceed with appropriate next steps for each person.

This is why having multiple people in a single thread makes it harder for our team to collect information, particularly since we use these threads to track the status and logs for each report in our internal system.

I can assure you were are not ignoring any correlation here. The support category of the community site isn’t for discussion, as mentioned here.

Our advice for the moment is that anyone experiencing these symptoms (or any other issue) follow the instructions linked above, and open a new thread with the requested information.

Thanks all!

Hi Mike,

I admit I was trolling a bit with that comment but there is a serious point, which is that it’s quite hard to get a sense of how your investigations are proceeding as there’s no central place to look. When you had the issue with loss of connectivity to qobuz/tidal a couple of weeks back, you put up a pinned thread with status. I think you should do something similar as the issue (or issues - correlation is not causation…) seems to be affecting enough subscribers to warrant it.

Aidan

1 Like

Actually, @Aidan_Gaule, the Support folks and I have been working on this, and I’m sure they’re working with others who have a similar problem.

As for your ‘trolling’, please don’t. My opinion is that it isn’t very helpful at all. If you wanted to know if Support and I working on it, that alone is a simple enough question.

I consider myself duly chastised.

1 Like

Mike,

I see you have created a pinned thread - thank you.

1 Like

Hey @Jez,

We just released Build 505 with some changes that we think will help here. Can you give it a shot and let us know how things are going?

Thanks!

More details are here:
1 Like