Tracks skipping part way through and playing fast

QNAP TX-473 AMD RX-42 IND quad-core 2.1ghz, turbo up to 3.4ghz Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number) firmware 4.5.2 build 20210302. 20GB RAM; Core on 500gb SSD; Music on 6TB HDD
ROON version 1.8 (build 783)
Tidal Master

Virgin Superhub in modem mode; TP-Link Archer VR2800 router. Ethernet wired connection.

Meridian 210 streamer connected to Cyrus signature DAC/Preamp via coax
Meridian 210 streamer connected to Cyrus Pre2dac-QX via coax

Description Of Issue

1. Tracks periodically skip part through
  2. tracks periodically play fast on one zone when zones grouped. If paused they sometimes correct themselves but the other zone then plays fast. Seems to occur only when zones grouped. Settings In both zones are the same.

Having tested, the skipping tracks also occurs when only one zone is playing (ungrouped)

Hi @David_Allen

Does this happen for all endpoints? If you play to System Output of a remote device do you see the same skipping?

How often are you seeing the skips occur?

Did this work for you previously? If so, was there any change around the time this started?

@dylan - I have reported a similar issue (although no groups used) and despite having the subject open for several days, no one from Roon Support has made any comments regarding it. I’m wondering how I can get some attention to the issue? I had another skip just moments ago.

I’ve got an end point using google chromecast playing to an AudioPro C10 - recently it has been stopping while playing “Myradio” so I assume this would be the same as skipping a track. I haven’t used the iPhone or iPad as an endpoint for a while.

In terms of any changes, it could be the last major ROON build or some recent QNAP firmware changes.

It’s definitely now skipping on my third zone via chrome cast