Tracks stuck in "Adding Music To Library" (due to file corruption issues) [Solved]

Same issue here…

1 Like

The same for me. Although Roon says that the whole library is loaded (imported) there are a lot of files which does not play, even when they appear on screen, with artwork and list of songs. If I touch play there is just one second when the play cursor shows up and then disappears. On the contrary, others play as usual. At the same time, the number of identified files is less than the imported ones. I am running Roon server on Mac Mini, and a MacBook pro as a remote. Music is stored on a Lenovo NAS and the DAC is a PS Audio Direct Stream with Bridge II. I was working with Roon for all the inconveniences that we are posting, but still I am not able to fully enjoy the player. Conversely, no problem at all with other players.

Hello all, thanks for your feedback, we are aware of the issue and trying to fix it in shortest terms.

Apologies for inconveniences.

1 Like

Same issue as @BobBDazzla started for me last night.

Hi @andybob in answer to your question I have not yet activated or used Tidal at all.

I haven’t activated Tidal with Roon either – trying to do it one step at a time, in part so that if there are problems, the troubleshooting is easier.

I left Roon running overnight, but same result: 0 tracks identified.

I tried shutting down the computer and turning it back on: no difference.

Interestingly, if I go into an album to edit, and manually match the album to the Roon database, I do get results, including some reviews and lyrics. Perhaps that information might be helpful in finding and fixing the bug.

Thanks.

1 Like

I reinstalled Roon (Core) on a computer running the latest version of Windows 10 Home. My files are on 2 Thunderbolt drives directly connected to the laptop… Roon identified 69061 tracks and added same. But the import of the Reviews and Bios is stuck. I added 7 manually. All files are either dsf or aiff. I have no Tidal files.

Computer is an ASUS G501 JW laptop connected to wireless network with an ASUS AC2400 router (latest firmware).

It appears that Roon cannot automatically access the internet.

It turned out to be a server issue! And so it goes

Thanks for taking care of this on a Holiday.

I just added a Tidal album to my library and it was identified. Seems to be fixed.

Cheers, Greg

Fixed here too! Thanks Roon!

Fixed for me too, just checked

Confirmed here. The local tracks I added, now just appeared.

Seems to be (automatically?) fixed now…

Thanks everyone for patience, we were managed to fix the issue, we had a problem with our servers which are responsible for identification.

1 Like

Thanks @vova

All looks good here.

Looks good from my end, too.

Thanks for the quick response – especially over a holiday weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving!

All looks good here - thanks for the rapid fix.

After 2 or 3 attempts, finally the room server recognised the mounted NAS music folder. Now it looks that all the files are playable. Thanks!

First-time user here, running Roon on a Mac Mini mid 2011, 16GB RAM, 2.3GHz i5, 10.10.5, 360GB of internal drive space available. Library is on an external FW800 RAID array.

Left the system ingesting overnight; today it tells me:
Of 80593 tracks, 66761 added, 66761 identified, circle is turning and it appears not to have added anything for hours.

The library is used by other playout applications (not currently running) such as LMS and MegaSeg and thus has no known faulty files: file types mainly mp3 and FLAC, no WMA, some ALAC, AAC. possibly the odd WAV or AIF. TIDAL is not configured.

How do I interrupt it safely?
How do I persuade it to ingest the rest?
How do I identify what (if anything) it is stuck on?

Thanks in advance!

Well, I took the plunge and quit the application. On opening it again, it opened up fine, scanned the folder and found 13832 (additional) tracks (correct). Soon I got the spinning circle and even after waiting some time, once again we have:
Of 13832 tracks, 0 added, 0 identified.
So it’s stuck. How to I find out where and why?

–R

Hello @RichardE, usually this happens when your library contains corrupted music files.I’ll contact you over PM and provide with instruction how to solve the issue. Stand by.