Tracks stuck in "Adding Music To Library" (due to file corruption issues) [Solved]

Hi,
I installed on another PC. It hasn’t crashed yet and all the letters are legible, but my other problem is still present. I am still having issues with albums loading. The Files are copied for import and it says complete, but then they are not added to the library. They stay under “Adding Music to library” but are not added. If I shut down Roon and restart it will add a few more tracks tracks each time.
Thanks.
Joe

Hi @sandmanct – sorry for the delay here. The information you sent us is with our developers, and I’m going to try and get an update for you tomorrow.

Apologies again for the delay!

I am facing the exact same issue, can you please let me know how did you resolve your case?

1 Like

I found a few tracks that had errors and were causing problems with Roon and loading would stop at them. I deleted those tracks. Then it would load a few more tracks and stop. Then I cut down the number of tracks I put into Roon. Then Roon worked.

Thanks for the response…curious though, how did you find out which tracks were causing this? It is interesting that you had to lower the number of tracks in order for this problem to resolve. I would be disappointed if Roon had this issue, can’t imagine getting to a point where my library would not load in a media management tool such as Roon, it would kill it for me.

How many tracks do you have?

Hey @thijazi – I’m going to follow up via PM and get some logs from you. Usually we can figure out whether this is caused by a corrupt file, or some other issue, so stand by!

I have having this issue as well. It did not happen when i was running Roon on a laptop but has started when i disconnected/uninstalled all instances and switched to a new machine with Roon server the issue has appeared. I have ~10,800 tracks on the watched folder all files are mp3 FLAC and maybe some old itunes.

in the picture above i am stuck on Of 355 track, 355 added, 344 identified.

I am using two remotes, no USB drives connected to the machine running Roon Server, no DRM files. All files are MP3 or FLAC.

It looks like a known bug, which is already fixed for our next build. As workaround for now, try to restart the app.

Ok thanks, hopefully won’t be long.

In my attempt to fix it, I reconfigured the watched folders and roon re-imported my files, it is ok however the “date imported” order has been reset so I have all the albums showing up by alphabetic order instead of showing up by the order I imported them in the last few month…

Is there an easy way to restore the old sort order?

Hi @thijazi,

A backup of the database prior to the re-importing may preserve the old import time, but the current database will have the new import time.

You can, however, prefer file creation or modification date rather than the current import time to set import date. You do this in the Track Editor after selecting the Tracks you want affected (Ctrl-a will select all once you’ve focused on the relevant Tracks). Edit/Metadata Preference brings it up.

You can also edit in a particular import date/time for individually selected Tracks or groups of Tracks, or set a different metadata preference for those Tracks.

Thanks, that worked!

Hi, my problem is that recently Roon is not importing songs/folders as I add them to the watched folder. I have this screen shot:

If I shut Roon down and reopen it, sometimes a new album or two is added, but it then remains stuck ‘adding music to library’ and the wheel keeps turning…

I am running on a new MacBook Pro (top spec), Yosemite, my watched folder is on an external hard drive. Over 100K songs, all going fine up until now.
Watched folder disabled and re-enabled to no effect. Disk permissions verified etc all checks OK.

Folders/albums that are not added play fine on other media players and do not seem faulty/corrupted.

Please advise

Hi @BobBDazzla – I’m going to PM you so we can grab some logs and get this resolved.

Sorry for the trouble. Stand by!

Hello,
Today I discovered that I have this same problem. It is also today that I linked to a Tidal account. Is this a coincidence?
Arie

Hi Arie,

A number of users are reporting a similar problem. Are you able to import ok if you sign out of Tidal ?

Hi @andybob,

As soon as I log out from Tidal, the syncing stops. Which, in my case is logical, because I had added albums from Tidal.
Logging in again, restarts the syncing.

I’m having a similar problem too. Today I added a Tidal album to the library (the ‘album’ has only 1 song, a single). “Adding Music to Library” is stuck on “Of 1 tracks, 1 added, 0 identified”.
I tried restarting Roon, still stuck.

1 Like

Same here, trying to add Tidal album (Adding to Library) is showing “Of 12 tracks, 12 added, 0 identified” and circle keeps spinning. Mac OS X 10.10 and Tidal trial account.

1 Like

I can reproduce this, which means it will probably get solved pretty quickly by the Roon devs subject to any holiday delays. I’ll get a ticket started in the internal system and when the devs are back on deck we can expect to see this bug firmly squashed.

1 Like

Experiencing the same here. If you are not signed in to Tidal - any new albums added to local files, don´t get added. But even still, I´m having odd issues getting albums added to the library. Some are showing up, others are not.