Tracks unavailable in Roon are available in Tidal

Can’t find a definitive answer so positing.

Several albums I liked in Tidal have unavailable tracks in Roon. But those tracks are available in Tidal.

Why are they unavailable in Room and how do I make them available as there seems to be a discrepancy between Tidal and Roon.

See screenshots. (The track “The Game of Love” is available in Tidal but not in Roon. Just an example of many such discrepancies.)

Hi @SVinTO

This does happen time to time.

Would the track be available if you try a different version by clicking on the Versions tab?

I’m unable to check now as I’m no longer subscribed to Tidal.

Yes the track is available on a different version of the album, but not THIS version (in this case, which is a new remastered version that has supplemental tracks.)

Just checked another missing track on a different album and Roon has two versions from Tidal (one with tracks missing and one complete) even though Tidal just as one version.

It could be new metadata hasn’t been received from Tidal. Give it a day or two and I’m sure all will be good.

This is fairly common with Tidal and Qobuz streaming services - they change the version of an album (or withdraw it completely) because of licensing changes. Unfortunately, these changes are not flagged up in Roon at present, they creep up on us unawares…

Have you tried, removing the album and the re-adding the album in question?

A post was split to a new topic: Local files unavailable

Problem resolved either by:

1. Removing and re-adding albums a week later
  2. Some unavailable tracks just appear a week or so later

No way to predict which albums this happens to. Most, but not all, get added correctly with no unavailable tracks. But some will have unavailable tracks requiring above corrections.

This is one of the reasons I have stopped adding any streaming albums to my library, Roon is ill equipped to do with the constant changes that happen and it’s integration can’t seem to cope with this.

The definitive 24 nights live by Eric Clapton seems to have most of its tracks unavailable, any ideas?

If you look you will see that is has not been released yet. What you are seeing are pre-release tracks to build anticipation. So, I wouldn’t add the album to your library until it has been released.

To be released on 23/06/2023 by Reprise

The ability to read and use logic!! Thanks I should have put 2 and 2 together (5 by my logic)

1 Like