Transfer Zone does not transfer what album I'm looking at

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7/mac mini 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1TB SSD /Roon build number 756)**

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

BT Smart Hub 2 > Netgear GS324 24 port Gigabit Switch > mac mini all wired with CAT5e cable

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

1. Meridian G91A connected to above mac mini by optical cable
  2. Meridian 565 connected by optical cable to a mac Pro running macOS Catalina 10.15.7

The mac mini is used for the Roon Core and to play to the locally attached Meridian G91A. The mac Pro is in the same Roon group as the mac mini.

Description Of Issue

If I physically move from one room to another, I want to be able to transfer both the audio I am playing AND, for want of a better description, the screen I used to select that music i.e. the album info.

At present, I can select the zone I moved from and transfer what is playing to the zone I am now in. I use the Zone icon to select the original zone and then select the loudspeaker icon to transfer what is playing to the new zone. Works fine.

The problem is that the screen I used to select what was playing in the original zone does not transfer. I still see whatever was originally showing for the new zone.

I have discovered that I can get to see the original zone’s album info; by clicking on the track icon in the lower left corner of the new zone’s screen which shows the track lyrics. Then clicking on the X to close the lyrics takes you back to the album info. But it is not intuitive, its taken me days to work out how to do it!

In summary; if I am transfering between zones then I expect everything to transfer - screen and music, not just what is playing.

Thanks

Adrian

Ok. New here so sorry I got the wrong topic.
I’ll repost under feature request.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.