Transferring my existing account

Current: MacBook Pro serves my Bryston BDP-2, which connects to my DAC through USB

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

The connection from Mac to Bryston is on Wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Should be evident from above

Description Of Issue

I want to upgrade my server and move up to a faster processor. how do I transfer my existing account as it currently resides in my Mac.

Just a user, not official support, but here is a link to the Roon Knowledge Base related to migrating your core, might be a good place to start. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Does any one have any experience with the Small Green Computer?

@Sujay_Subramaniam
Yes…over 2 years with my ST AP 8TB spinning hard drive and lots of support from owner Andrew Gillis.

Are you thinking of going in that direction?

Yes I am exploring seriously. I have to understand the following though

1. do I have to pay for another room core on my new device or I can transfer my existing core?
  2. is there a significant uptick in sound quality by changing to the small green computer?

1.No.You just put old core DB on ST and that’s your new server.Mac becomes a remote.
2.Significant? That’s hard to say.When you get the i7 version with embedded HQe (look it up)…yes.I heard a difference right away.
I used to have the server on mac.

Email Andrew at SGC with any questions.His support his excellent and he will also build any thing custom if you so desire it.

Many thanks, Seaharp1. Very well understood. I have written to them asking for the best solution.
Interestingly, how will HQ player work with my Bryston BDP-2 music player ? Will it make my Bryston sound card redundant?

Apologies, one more question- currently my Mac connects wirelessly to my bryston player. Can I continue to do that with the SGC or does it have to be Ethernet?

You connect the ethernet from St to your wifi router.
Your mac sees the ST on the wifi network.
That’s how you control it.

HQe is mainly for dsd upsampling but I also you use it with my pcm only dacs.
I have 3 endpoints 2 are pcm limited, the third dac goes up to 512 dsd.

Pretty simple setup

Thanks, that is helpful!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.