Transparent cursor on Windows 10

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP NAS TVS-463
Roon Server 1.7 (build 610)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All Cat 6 wired. No Wifi.
Sonicwall TZ-400

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Powernode 2i
Networked

Description Of Issue
Firstly, thanks for making this software. It’s really great.

Windows 10 build 18363
Cursor becomes invisible (transparent) when hovering over any clickable element in Roon. The problem only occurs when HDR is enabled in Windows 10 color settings. This problem is repeatable on the 3 Windows 10 computers that I have. The problem persists through uninstalls, reinstall, system resets, theme changes, cursor customization, and any other troubleshooting. The problem does not occur on any other applications that I run.
This problem was posted over a year ago so I’m posting it again since the problem still occurs. The workaround suggested at that time was to disable HDR while using Roon. This is no longer a viable workaround since I’m using Roon on a home theater and gaming PC that is always displaying HDR content.

Thanks for the report, @PapaSoul, and apologies for the delayed response from the holiday weekend.

I’m going to check with the team on the current status of this. I can’t make any guarantees, but I’ll be sure to follow up once I have their feedback.

Hey @PapaSoul,

I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior, and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved. Thanks again for the report!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.