Transport: Roon lost control of audio device (Linn Klimax DS/1)

Somewhat frequently I get the above message trying to control Room and my DS with my iOS devices.
If I reboot my DS, I’m back in business. But’s it obviously frustrating to have my system hang up.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks,
John

I have started to see this as well on my KDS/4. It appears to be a new message - perhaps with the latest update to ROON (as I have previously not seen it).

I had been having problems recently with Kazoo and Lumin failing to control my KDS and posted about it on the Linn forum. It seemed like my KDS was permanently stuck on ROON (as shown on the display) and it took me a while to “unstick” it. Only ROON would work - all other control points would not as ROON would not relinquish control.

Now that I have managed to keep ROON from getting stuck I now see the Transport error message when I fire up another control point while ROON is playing something. It almost seems as if it is an indicator message informing that ROON playback control has been interrupted by another cineol point.

I discovered one of the ways it’s getting stuck. I listen to Radio Paradise through the Internet Stations. If I open up Roon at a later point and it’s already set to Radio Paradise, hitting Play brings up the Transport error. If I go back to the Home Menu and reselect Internet Stations and then Radio Paradise it starts to play again.

Still struggling with this…

Thanks for reaching out, @John_Christopher, and apologies for the difficulties here.

So we can better assist you, may I ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Please also verify the following:

• Can you verify that all drivers and firmware are up to date?
  • Does the same behavior occur if you’re playing to different endpoints?
  • How frequently would you say you see this?
  • When the device is in this state are you able to play to it from other apps?

Thanks,
Dylan

Thanks Dylan

So I’m running 1.5 on a late 2014 iMac 4Ghz i7 with 24 GB RAM running 10.13.6
My music is stored in iTunes (43.6k songs)

I’m not sure what you mean by the drives and firmware. For my Linn Klimax DS/1? Yes. For Roon? I’m not sure what that would mean.

Also not sure what you mean by endpoints? I pretty much exclusively stream through my DS
I’d say it happens every other day when I’m using it regularly.
When it’s frozen, I don’t think I can get other iOS devices to get it to play. I can switch over to Linn’s Kazoo control point and get it to play then.
John

Thanks for the info, @John_Christopher.

Can you provide some information about you current network setup? What networking hardware is in use and how are these devices connected to the network?

Can you share a screenshot of the signal path when playing to this device?

Thanks,
Dylan

2 posts were split to a new topic: Roon loses control of Linn endpoint