Transporter (Squeezebox) is not able to go into standby mode automatically

I have just signed up for the Roon trial and was delighted to be able to bring my Transporter back to life using Roon with a modern interface, MQA support and Tidal. However, I have a serious issue, where once I have connected, I cannot put the Transporter on standby using the Roon app, remote, or front panel, when I am not using the player. The screen is stuck on whatever was last playing. So I am forced to disconnect it from the Roon Core every time and then put it into standby manually. Also, I cannot change the front panel display - it ignores the config changes I make in Roon. Obviously this is far from ideal, as it means that I need to manually reconnect, and then disconnect it, every time I want to use it. Please can you advise if you are aware of this issue and what I can do to resolve it? I am really hoping to get this resolved before the end of the trial, as my Transporter is my main high definition player. Thanks.

Hello @anon96857163,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look over this issue with you, sorry to hear that things are not working as expected. Can you please let me know your answer to the following questions so that we can better assist you here?

• What is the model and manufacturer of the Roon Core computer? (the computer you installed Roon on)
  • How is your Transporter connected to the Roon Core, through Ethernet, Wireless or Analog?
  • What are the ‘config’ changes have you made in Roon that are not being sent to the Transporter? (Please list what settings you have changed)

Please let me know your reply to the above questions when possible and we can continue troubleshooting from there.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @anon96857163,

Just wanted to check in with you here, are you still having issues with the Transporter working or have the issues gone away? Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with as we would love for you to have a great experience during the trial process and get any issues you may have sorted out.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Anton

I’m a long time Transporter user myself. Roon’s implementation of support for the ip3k players is somewhat different to the world of LMS. There is no “standby” as such, although if your play queue is empty, it will eventually go back to what you define as standby with the time/date etc.

It has never really bothered me a great deal since there were never any power savings to be had by putting the unit into “standby” in the old LMS world. So I just got used to it and appreciated that Roon was effectively supporting someone else’s legacy product. YMMV, of course.

Unfortunately, I can’t help you with the front panel display problems. Mine does pick up any changes I make through the Transporter Settings drop-down in Roon. I would like more choices like there were with LMS, but beggars can’t be choosers.

1 Like