Trouble adding NAS folder to Nucleus

Hi

I have same issue, my Windows computer can see the NAS but not my Nucleus+

Using my Ipad, yes I can acces to WAI, tried to key in the ip, doesnt help either.

Can ply music using remote app, so the Nucleus is on and works through my net.

What to do, its very fustruating for non IT persons to use Roon I realized again and again, undortunately.

Please help!

Hi @Redwine,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you share the path that you’re trying to enter into Nucleus for the NAS folder? Are you entering the username and password as well?

Also, this is a good reference for finding the path name for the NAS
https://kb.roonlabs.com/Adding_Folders_Using_Path

1 Like

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for response.

I managed to get it up running in terms of having my Nucleus+ watching music files saved on my Synology DS 216j in shared music folder. All working on the same network.

The issue is, I can’t get the DS 216j to

1. copy files direct to the internal storage on the Nucleus+
  2. make a backup on the same Nucleus+ internal storage to the DS 216j or usb hdd linked to the DS 216j directly.

The Nucleus+ is able to make scheduled backup of Roon database to DS 216j without problems.

Hi @Redwine,

How are you trying to do this (via Finder or File Explorer)? Are you getting any errors when trying to copy files?

Can you clarify the above for me? You mention that you can schedule a backup to the DS216j without problems. Does the backup not go through at the selected time? Are you receiving any errors?

The issue is a backup of music files on the internal Nucleus hhd to the NAS, auto backup of Roon data base works.

Hi @Redwine,

Typically using File Explorer or Finder is the best option for transferring files. How are you trying to do this on your NAS directly? Do you receive any errors when trying to do this?

How are you trying to do this from the NAS? Are you receiving any specific errors?