Trouble connecting my iPhone Xs Max

When launching the Roon App it isn’t able to find my Roon Core (stops showing Looking for your Roon Core). My core is Formation Bass and Formation Duo.

Best regards
Rune

Hi @Rune_Johansen,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Are other remote devices having the same issue?

Make sure your WiFi and lan are in the same network address segment…and also yr phone is not using a guest ssid

Thank you. Unfortunately, I havn’t a good insight in the world of data. Could you please help me to be more spesific than the demands in the link you gave me so I can try to give you the data you are in need of?

My iPad does not work either.

Thanks. My phone and Core are connected to the same network. What do you mean by guest SSID?

A guest WiFi setup (ssid) doesn’t usually support access to other devices on the network, they are in effect invisible to other devices

Aha, now I understand. No, I have not a guest SSID.

This Formation Bass and duo is it a server that can run roon core? I’m not familiar with any B&W roon server device

I’m wondering if you actually don’t have a roon core at all

The Bowers & Wilkins Formation product line doesn’t contain a device that is acting as a Roon core.

To make use of Roon in conjunction with your Bowers & Wilkins Formation loudspeakers you first have to setup a Roon core in your network. You need a subscription to use Roon. Roon offers a 14-days free trail but maybe you also got a trail code coupon with your product(s).

For further information see:
Roon’s architecture
Why Core?
FAQ: What are the minimum requirements?

THANK YOU! Now I understand and I fixed it…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.