Trouble connecting to Roon on new computer (ref#MSARXE)

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Interface & Usability

Description of Issue

My new computer I believe is the reason I’m having problems with connecting with Roon, it’s getting fixed. Would like to use my original computer I started with Roon. Lenovo mp53T8Y tell I get my other one back. Help [moderated: email address removed] Thanks

Roon Server Platform

Windows

Roon Server Specifications

getting fixed

Connected Audio Devices

Chromecast ethernet to DAC

Home Network Details

Ethernet iFi Pro

Affected Product

Roon

Description of Issue

changed my computer to Desktop kniqk 1 b

Roon Server Platform

Windows

Roon Server Specifications

changed coputer to Desktop-kniqk 1b

Connected Audio Devices

Changed my computer to kniqk 1b

Home Network Details

Changed my computer to desktop-kniqk 1b

Boot up the old computer and start Roon. Tell Roon to unauthorize your new computer that is being fixed and authorize your old computer. You’ll probably have to update your Roon version on the old computer if you haven’t used it in a while.

You should delete your email address from your post.

Will not l0

Hi @Bob_Mills,

Thank you for your post. If you need to migrate your RoonServer between two computers, I recommend following our guide here.

The most important part is to fully delete RoonServer from the old machine. To verify that you’ve done this on the computer from which you’ve migrated, take these steps:

• Exit out of RoonServer
  • Navigate to your RoonServer’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer” and delete it
  • Download the Windows Roon app from out downloads page and install it
  • Connect to the RoonServer you’ve already installed on your Lenovo.

To be clear, what were the symptoms you were experiencing when you attempted to try the newer computer? Why do you want to switch back?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.