Trouble editing genres and labels in v1.1 -- strange UI clicking

I’ve installed version 1.1 and it went through flawlessly.

I’m trying to add genres to an album that has none. I may be doing something wrong, since this is new, but I go into album editor and edit fields. In the Genre area, I click on the box next to the pencil and scroll to find the genre. When I click on it, nothing happens.

A couple of times, the genre did get added, but usually nothing happens. Seems very inconsistent.

I’m running Roon on a late 2009 iMac with 8G RAM, OS X version 10.10.5.

Cheers, Greg


This happens in other blank boxes in the edit fields area. For example Labels. However, in Album Type blank box there’s a down arrow. When I click and scroll down and select a type, it works every time.

I just gave it a shot, and when i select a label or genre in the dropdown, it adds it to the list above the input box and the save button in the lower right becomes clickable. then the input becomes activated again and the dropdown appears again very quickly so you can type/find another label or genre.

are you not seeing that? are you on mac or windows?

Hi @danny, when I click a genre or label, nothing usually nothing happens. However, every once in a while it does select an entry and adds it to the list above the entry box.

I can’t seem to see a pattern of when it works.

I’m on a iMac OS X 10.10.5.

Cheers, Greg

I just tried again and I can get a genre selected and added to the list, but it can take anywhere from 2-20 tries before it works.

Cheers, Greg

There seems to be 2 bugs here… one is if you click while the dropdown is scrolling, the second is if you click between the rows. I’m working on it.

For now, dont fling to scroll, just click/move/stopmoving/release, and click in the middle of rows. That should avoid the bug.

ok, the clicking issue will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks Danny, I look forward to the fix. I wonder if I’ll have an easier time using the iPad remote when it’s released.

Cheers, Greg

I hope so too… I’m on vacation and don’t have an iPad with me to test. Unfortunately, the version that was submitted to the app store has this bug, but I’m unsure how bad itll be there.

This’ll be fixed sooner on Mac/Windows/Android than iPad, as there is no walled garden police that needs to approve our updates.

Hey @mike, build 55 seems to fix this in the OS X version, but you didn’t mention it in the Build 55 release notes.

Thanks for the quick fix guys.

Cheers, Greg