Trouble loading tracks from TIDAL

Urgh Roon so much promise but frustrating in actual practice.

My Tidal app is working fine. For love nor money I can’t get Roon to play anything from Tidal.

@Dylan what steps will you have me follow so you can pin the blame on something on my side?

If I try to play a tidal track the “Kitt” annimation in the location bar just strobes back and forth forever.

SETTINGS says I’m signed in - a please wait round-and-round animation next to it which I assume is bad.

I disabled and enabled. Enabling display appears with the roon logo animating and never goes away.

All this while across the room Tidal app has been playing all day with not a single glitch.

Your help would be welcome. As you can tell I am a frustrated customer of your “so near and yet so far” product.

Hi @Steve_Davies,

Can you give us some details on your current setup? Can you confirm that your Core and remotes are all up to date?

When did this issue start occurring? Since it happened have you tried rebooting your Core machine?

Is local content working okay?

HI Dylan,

CORE is 1.7 (build 528) stable and says its the latest version
Roon bridge is version 1.0 (build 171) stable and says its the latest version
My phone has 1.7 (build 528) stable

Connected to the internet 200Mb symmetric.
Mikrotik RouterOS core router in the house; Roon core connect 1GB cat6 to switch
Roon server has Intel® Pentium® Silver J5005 CPU @ 1.50GHz CPU, SSD for OS/Roon install
Media on a QNAP NAS mounted over NFS
Roon server runs Ubuntu 18.04.3

I didn’t reboot the Roon server - is that something I need to do?

Steve

Hey Steve, have you tried logging out and back in? That has worked for me while Roon works on a fix.

Two other topics which sound very familiar.

Do you mean logging out of Roon? I did not.

I tried disabling/enabling the Tidal integration in Roon but I just end up with endless please wait spinners.

I presume there must be some problem in Roon server to do with expired credentials which don’t get properly refreshed. But it looks like the Roon squad will never actually look for and fix it.

Steve

I tried the enable disable route as well and got the same experience as you, endless spinner. Logout and login worked however.

Just to clarify, logging out of Tidal within Roon.

Hi @Steve_Davies,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs as well as the track you’re trying to play. Then respond here with that time and track name and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

HI,

I logged out of Roon and logged in again, as suggested by Arjun, and Tidal integration started to work again.

I don’t think that I should have to do that - seems like a bug to me, but it did get Roon working again for me so that solves the immediate problem.

Thanks,
Steve

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.