Trouble starting Radio with classical albums

If you kickstart the popup (click the thumbs-up, and then click the Play button), does it then start Roon Radio, and does this then continue as expected? It seems to do that here (I’m now into my second multi-part concerto).

Yes but only limited to Library in my experience.

Hmm, that’s different to me - I’m getting the full Roon Radio experience (it’s including works streamed form Qobuz).

I’m having the same difficulties with Roon Radio today. I started my day like most, selecting some classical music while I work (Keith Jarrett Handel: Suites For Keyboard - local files), expecting the music to flow as usual. I noticed the queue was limited to local files and wasn’t automatically playing the next tracks. I rebooted, signed out/into Qobuz, toggled the Roon Radio options to no avail. I manually added a Qobuz track to the queue and it played as expected. The queue still says it is limited to local library though and isn’t selecting any Qobuz tracks on its own. I haven’t tried other genres yet.

I’m running Roon 1.6 (build 416) on a Windows 7 64-bit OS to a PS Audio Directstream DAC via their Bridge II.

Thanks everyone, the technical team is continuing to look into this. I’ll be sure to keep everyone updated as soon as I have more information.

Has this been addressed by the roon staff? I can no longer use radio for classical due to constant “nothing similar to play” or “limited to radio” messages. This is true for both qobuz and tidal.

The post directly above yours, by Dylan, says they are working on it.

Thanks Ged. I had posted my comment to a related thread that Dylan had not responded too. They moved my comment so now I see they are aware and working on it…thanks again

It gets very random when that happens.

Same here the past few days. After playing Qobuz, I see “Roon Radio limited to library”. I logged in and out of all streaming services and restarted Roon. Still having issues. All “play Roon Radio” options are turned on.

@dylan, something odd - I went to the Qobuz/New Releases screen, and when I chose the Classical genre, then Roon flashed up the “limiting Roon Radio to Local” message. It’s done this a couple of times, but it’s not repeatable, just happens occasionally…

Trevor, I am having the same issue, and it’s not just at the end of a classical album. If I start Radio based on a classical artist (Academy of Ancient Music, e.g.) after about 20 seconds I get exactly the same behavior. And it’s happening with Tidal as well as Qobuz. Seems like the classical music selection algorithm might have gotten corrupted/broken somehow? It has alway worked just fine until a few days ago, and is only a problem with classical music (not rock or jazz).

Continuing to be an issue for me. Also only for classical.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to reach out and provide an update on this issue:

We have been able to reproduce similar behavior in-house and the team has a ticket open with the development team regarding this issue and we are continuing to investigate. I can’t provide any specific timeframes at this time but we will be sure to update everyone ASAP.

2 Likes

Thnx for the update!

Have any users or Roon found a fix for this classical radio issue?

You are replying to a response from roon saying they are working on it and will let us know when they have one…

Dylan

I appear to be back to normal this morning with Roon Radio working as it should.

No change here. Did you do something on your end?

No Ernie. I will check it again tomorrow.