Trouble using Display with Nvidia Shield device

@dylan for some reason I can’t gef display to work on my Nvidia shield tv device. Roon recognises it and I have enabled it but wont cast to it. Does nothing at all. I can cast to a browser ok though. Other apps cast to it just fine, also notice it does not appear as an audio device either. It’s all using the same switch as my Naim Atom which shows up for Chromecast, Roon Ready and Airplay. So something odd happening.

Thanks for reaching out, @CrystalGipsy,

I’ve moved your post to it’s own thread so we can take a closer look at what you’re experiencing here.

Since updating have you tried rebooting your Nvidia and Core machine?

Did this work for you prior to this update?

Just to confirm, it shows up in Settings > Display and the Display menu for the zone, but selecting Display Now doesn’t yield any results?

Thanks,
Dylan

Core was rebooted this morning after the update and again just. Shield has been rebooted several times this evening in attempting to get this working. After rebooting it shows in Room briefly by then disappears.

All other apps can still see it and cast to it. If you enabling diagnostics let me know as this account is not the one used for my license so would need to pm that address.

I’m going factory reset the device as it’s being flakey with some apps even though it sees them ok.

Hey @CrystalGipsy,

Let me know how things go after the reset! If you’re still having issues, could you please describe your network topology for me, including all networking hardware in use? Understanding how things are connected may help give some additional insight here.

Thanks!
Dylan

I also have an Shield on my network. It’s connected to my Denon AVA via HDMI. I don’t even see the Display option listed in Roon settings menu. Roon Core and Shield have both been rebooted. Am I doing something wrong here?

Are you on the latest version of Roon server. 1.5 (354). I had issues with my Shield being seen by Roon. I had to factory reset the Shield in the end as Chromecast was not working properly on it since its last update.