Trouble with connecting to wireless speakers

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacOS Catalina 10.15.5, Roon 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

B&W wireless Formation Duo

Description Of Issue

Up until couple of days ago, I could stream music to my wireless speakers from Roon. Unfortunately, the speakers are no longer appearing among the output zones. I can stream music from other apps like Tidal or Airplay but it seems impossible to find my speakers again in Roon. I have rebooted both speakers and Roon app several times without any success. I tried to refresh connections in Roon preferences to no avail. Can you advise how to add or is it due to some recent software update?
Best,
Artur

I have the KEF LS50W wireless speakers. In order for Roon to see them the speakers have to be on a specific input to be seen. I don’t know how the B&W work but perhaps this might help you to flush out a solution to your problem?

Hello @artur_fijolek, and welcome to the community! Could you please share some network details, including your router, any switches, and how the core is connected to the router? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Newrly,

I have a Sagemcom CS 50001 wireless router that my speakers are wirelessly connected to. No other switches. Everything is connected to the same network of course. I have now been able to have Roon detect speakers and stream to them over my network. Unfortunately, it’s not able to stream hi-res - only low res (airplay). Don’t know why this is happening as I, just until few days ago, could stream hi-res, MQA etc without any problems. I did now however had the chance to install Roon + Tidal on my spouse’s macbook air and there were no problems there (hi-res streaming works). So, from I gather, it seems like something is wrong with the hi-res streaming capability on my mac. Not sure what though…

kind regards,
artur

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.