Trouble with Devialet Air and Roon

@support

Hi, having problems with Roon,
1/ Have a sony 4k 65" tv monitor, when Roon displays on screen it takes entire screen up and there is no way to minimize Roon, have to go to community in drop down menu where Tidal and settings are displayed.

2/ Is there an issue between Devialet Air and Roon? When I use Air Ethernet and Roon, my system crashes every time

Using computer for media,

GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming K7 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z270 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Motherboards - Intel

17-438-012 EVGA 500 B1 100-B1-0500-KR 80+ BRONZE 500W Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply

19-117-729 Intel Core i5-7600 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.5 GHz LGA 1151 65W BX80677I57600 Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 2.5" 1TB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MKNSSDRE1TB

20-232-178 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2800 (PC4 22400) Intel Z170 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2800C16D-16GVG

Using Dvialet 440 Expert pro

3/Downloaded all files into Roon, some from 2TB external drive, when I disconnect external drive most of the files I downloaded disappear and only reappear when I connect the 2 TB drive back in.

4/ Really unsure what settings to used in the DSP or Setup for my system, could you help me out with that?

Hi @Bonnie_Bradley ----- Thank you for the post and sharing your feedback with us. Both are very appreciated!

Moving forward, I am going to address each of your questions one at a time. Please see below.

“1/ Have a sony 4k 65” tv monitor, when Roon displays on screen it takes entire screen up and there is no way to minimize Roon, have to go to community in drop down menu where Tidal and settings are displayed."

• The cause of this behavior is either Roon is opening in “full screen mode” or the resolution may not be meeting the needed requirements as we need 768 pixel (of height) to run properly. If it is the former, you could try toggling between Roon’s fullscreen and windowed settings a couple of times to see if that clears things up. Use the F11 key on your keyboard to do this.

“2/ Is there an issue between Devialet Air and Roon? When I use Air Ethernet and Roon, my system crashes every time”

• Can you please confirm that you have the 440 Expert pro configured as recommended in our knowledge base?

“3/Downloaded all files into Roon, some from 2TB external drive, when I disconnect external drive most of the files I downloaded disappear and only reappear when I connect the 2 TB drive back in.”

• The reason the content seems to “disappear” and “reappear” when the storage device is mounted/unmounted, is due to the fact that Roon is watching files in “real time”. So in order for the application to retain the content, the storage device must stay in “contact” with the Roon core. If you using the external drive for other tasks, I would consider moving your media to local storage on your core machine, if possible.

“4/ Really unsure what settings to used in the DSP or Setup for my system, could you help me out with that?”

• I would suggest posting this question in the “Roon Software” thread as these settings you are mentioning vary from user to user based on what their needs are and also what equipment is being used.

-Eric

“1/ Have a sony 4k 65” tv monitor, when Roon displays on screen it takes entire screen up and there is no way to minimize Roon, have to go to community in drop down menu where Tidal and settings are displayed."

The cause of this behavior is either Roon is opening in “full screen mode” or the resolution may not be meeting the needed requirements as we need 768 pixel (of height) to run properly. If it is the former, you could try toggling between Roon’s fullscreen and windowed settings a couple of times to see if that clears things up. Use the F11 key on your keyboard to do this.

As mentioned, I am using a 4K monitor with resolution set at 3840 by 2160 The only option is full screen, when I toggle I either have full screen or no other option, full screen is all I get and not way to minimize.

Hi @Bonnie_Bradley ---- Thank you for touching base, it’s good to hear from you.

Moving forward, I would like to gather some logs from you via a support ID and will be contacting you momentarily via PM with instructions.

-Eric