Trouble with grouped HomePods

Yes, the same issue here! Two HomePods in a group are not working… I have another single HomePod and here there are no problems…
Michael

Hi @Michael_Herdemerten

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Please note the exact local time + date when this issue next occurs and the name of the track that was playing and upload your Roon Logs by using these instructions. The best way to get them over to me would be via Dropbox / Google Drive, but if you don’t have either service please let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

Hi Dylan ,
I use an Amplifi HD Router and a MacMini as Roon Core. I have several Roon endpoints, an Aries G1 and a Chord Hugo (with Hugo 2Go) and 2 separate HomePods and two more HomePods as a group. All endpoints work perfectly except the HomePods group. The problem didn’t exist before the last update…
Thanks for your help ,
Michael

A post was split to a new topic: Grouped HomePods aren’t working

Thanks, @Michael_Herdemerten. Would you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)? I’ll take a look at what’s happening.

Hey @Michael_Herdemerten,

I wanted to follow up, almost a month later, and see if there is any change in this situation. Can we help at this time? :nerd_face:

Hi ,
unfortunately the situation didn’t change. I could ungroup my HomePods in HomeKit and then group them in Roon, but I need the grouped HomePods in HomeKit for my Apple TV…
If 2 HomePods are paired in Roon, both speakers will play but not in stereo…they play as separate zones…
Regards,
Michael

Apple often doesn’t play nice with others