Truncated Audio

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Latest releases of Roon for Mac and iOS.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue

Dear Roon @support:

A tiny bit of the beginning audio of some tracks is truncated when playback begins.
A fairly consistent way to reproduce this problem is to play “Close to Me (Extended Remix)” from The Cure’s Mixed Up (Deluxe Edition) release (disc 2, track 3). The beginning of the first handclap is often truncated if I skip to or start playback from this track.

I disabled the sound leveling feature in Roon, but the problem remains. Is there a playback buffer setting in Roon that I need to change?

I do not hear this problem when I play this track in Apple Music.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi,

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi Carl,

I am afraid I do not have the time to delve into this information this right now. I hope someone else has the time to help your team fix the problem.

All the best.

Hey @RoonUser657932327,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing your experience with Roon - I’m sorry for the trouble with playback.

I appreciate you letting us know where you find yourself right now. Whenever you’re ready, our technical team would love to help out. Other than sharing the information asked for in the template above, could you please let us know if this happens only for one track, for tracks from a certain source or when playing to specific endpoints?

That would make a world of a difference in trying to help troubleshoot this :nerd_face: