'Try removing some Focus criteria' message, but no focus criteria selected

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro
Roon 1.7 build 537

The problem is experienced on another PC, not the core machine:
Windows 10 Pro
Roon 1.7 build 537
Graphics card (in case this is a graphics issue): NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired Ethernet network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

Often (but not every time) when restoring minimised Roon window, the Albums page is blank with a message “Try removing some Focus criteria”. However there is no focus selected. I can solve the problem by using the dropdown list and clicking on Sorted by Artist (or by Date Added) and all my albums appear.

It’s no great hardship but it has been exhibiting this behaviour for a while now (ie prior to the latest update).

Hi @Ian_Grant1,

Can you please click on the “Focus” button when this issue occurs and share a screenshot of what you see there?

Hi @noris,

I tried clicking on the Focus button from the Albums page when it was showing “Try removing some Focus criteria” and it crashed Roon on the PC (the core, on another PC, remained open).

Ian

Hi @Ian_Grant1,

Do you recall around what time/date the crash occurred (in your local time zone)? Can you please let me know this time and upload a set of logs from the affected PC by using these instructions?

To clarify, the logs would be accessed from the remote PC that had the crash, not the Core PC and the best way to get the logs over to me would be through a shared Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com link. Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Try removing some Focus criteria’ message on Android

This is the same problem I have on a Samsung ‘Galaxy Tab Active’. Didn’t happen before B528. Reported back in March, but not fixed yet.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.