Trying to connect Nucleus to HiFi

I have recently purchased the entry-level Nucleus that I have installed a 2tb ssd. I’ve copied all of my music into that drive. I’ve spent a week now reading and rereading all of the manuals and I just can’t figure why I can’t get it to work. My setup is the nucleus is connected to my wifi router by ethernet cable. I have then connected the nucleus to my Cambridge Audio streamer (CXN v2) by usb. The streamer is connected to my Dacmagic plus DAC. I understand that I could probably do away with the streamer as both the streamer and the Dacmagic have the same dacs in them. The Dac is then connected to a PrimaLuna preamp and 2 Primaluna power amp. I’m obviously doing something wrong but just can’t figure out what. I have both a Roon account and aTidal accounts. I’ve messaged Cambridge Audio but all they could say is it sounds like a problem with Roon. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Attach the Cambridge audio to the network not usb.
It’s roon ready on the Ethernet interface. Also make sure it’s firmware is up to date.

2 Likes

As Ged suggests, use the CXN as a streamer, Ethernet in. Take it further and connect the analog outputs to the Prima Luna Pre. Enable Roon working on the CXN then enable the CXN in Roon.

2 Likes