Trying to set up new Nucleus... frustrated šŸ˜”

@support

I received a new Nucleus today and cannot get the software updated with my iPhone to even get past step one. Using the iPhone ā€œRoon remoteā€ app, it gets stuck on ā€œchecking for updateā€ for 15 minutes and longerā€¦

I have an old PC that I do not want to run Roon on. This is why I bought the Nucleus. I tried to download your software to my PC in order to access the alternate ā€œweb interface,ā€ but I cannot open the software to even get to it.

Very frustrating. What do I do?

Looks like it sees the Nucleus and a Phone not a PC.

Either way just delete the software from the PC, if its not there the install wonā€™t see itā€¦alternately you can just power down the PC so its not on the Networkā€¦again not seen by the installer.

The PC really has nothing to do with it. The problem is I cannot update the Nucleus via the iPhone app. That is what I am trying to do.

Can you get to the Nucleus web page? Either typing in the IP address of your Nucleus device if you know it into a browser; or if you can access Roon on your phone go to Settings, then Setup, then configure Roon OS devices - this will come with a pop up page, showing the Nucleus IP address on the network. The IP address shown will be a hyper link, which you can touch to open up the Nucleus web page in a browser on your phone

Hello @Riviera_Bluesman,

Can you please try to update the Nucleus firmware via the WebUI? You can use these instructions to access the WebUI and it can also be accessed by placing the IP address in a web browser on your phone as @Evo1668 mentioned. After that, try using the ā€œReinstallā€ button in the WebUI. Please let us know if that helps.

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks all for trying to help. I do not know how to find the Nucleus IP address to type into my browser. On my iphone, there is now way to go from ā€œsettings>setup>configure roon os devices.ā€ Iā€™m obviously not very computer savvy, but I can follow directions. I am not able to get to the webUI in order to try and update my Nucleus firmware.

Hello @Riviera_Bluesman,

Ok, we have a few other options of accessing the WebUI. One thing we can try is the hostname, if you open Safari on your iPhone, and type ā€œnucleusā€ (without quotes) in the address bar it should redirect you to the WebUI. If that does not work, you can try to type ā€œnucleus\ā€ (without quotes).

If that does not work either, then you can use the FING app to locate the Nucleus IP address. The link to FING can be found here (<- clickable link) and if you open the App while connected to the WiFi, a list of IP Addresses should appear from a network scan and you can type that in Safari.

Once you have access to the WebUI, youā€™ll want to press the ā€œReinstallā€ button as noted below, it should look similar on mobile:

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks Noris! The FING app did the trick for me. That allowed me to get the Nucleus IP address and get to the webUI. I am doing the software update now. Thank you thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Riviera_Bluesman,

Glad to hear it worked out! :sunglasses:
I also wanted to mention this ā€“ if you need some more Nucleus-specific info after the update has been performed I would suggest taking a look over our Nucleus Documentation and if you want to learn more about Roon in general we have a quite extensive Knowledge Base Guide. Hope this helps but any other questions you may have that are not answered in those guides, feel free to ask here on Community!

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like