Turning Off Core Machine

I’ve been thinking about your hypothetical.

You have a computer in your office that runs Roon Core.
Your son has a full blown computer in his room that he uses as a Roon endpoint.

If the computer in your office is up and running Roon Core then there is no problem.
If your computer is off then your son can authorize the Roon Core on the computer in his room

If your son has authorized Core on his machine and you want to listen to music, then unauthorize Core on your machine and use your machine as an endpoint as your son does now…

The only real problem would be if you both wanted to access music that is only local to one of the machines, rather than in a common drive, i.e. a Shared drive or a NAS.

Since you just stream Qobuz there should be no problem.

If you are using the same Qobuz account then the first time your son authorizes his machine to be Core it will need to populate his Core’s Roon library with the Qobuz Favorites that already exist. After that, whenever the Core machine is changed any new Qobuz Favorties that someone has added will also be added to the newly reauthorized Core’s Roon library.

Of course, one can always play a Qobuz album/track in Roon without adding it to the Core’s Roon library.

As always, there can only be one Core machine at a time.

2 Likes

Thank you for all of your responses. I have a better idea now of how Roon works and its characteristics for my purposes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.