Two Roon remotes have same message 'Metadata improver: halted, Roon needs a s/w update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Innuos Zen Mini mark iii

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet to Roon Core (Innuos Zen) and to HP Pavilion desktop (remote 1). WiFi to Android tablet (remote 2)
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Zen Mini core is feeding a Chord Qutest dac via USB.

Description Of Issue

When I first installed Roon the Roon core was my desktop. Innuos Zen Mini was configured as Roon player only. I changed the Core authorisation to Innuos Zen Mini and spec’d the dac as Chord Qutest. The desktop PC now is de-authorised as a core and is now acting as a Roon Remote. I also have roon installed on a Amazon Fire android tablet.

Fault or problem: Both my desktop and my Amazon Fire tablet have the ‘adding music to library’ icon permanently revolving with the same message displayed when I click on that icon, which says
" Adding Music to Library: of 52 tracks, 52 added, 0 identified".
Underneath is a blue line with descriptive text displayed.

Under that is some more text after a pink circle with a pink exclamation mark inside. Text is:
"Metadata Improver: Halted, Roon needs a software update.

Software is up to date. The 'adding music icon keeps circling and the message stays the same.

Roon remotes show library ok, doesn’t appear to be missing any albums or artwork. Can select any album and play ok, so it is just a curious state. Not urgent, as everything seems to be working.

Both core and remotes are on s/w 1.7 (build 571).

Did you perhaps add some albums from Tidal or Qobuz to your library recently?
I had the same issue yesterday, whilst Roon was suffering from the Google Cloud Services downtime.
I had added 3 albums in Qobuz. All 3 were added but only album title was specified ( no cover, unidentified).
I have deleted the 3 albums from my library, and shut down my Roon server machine completely.
Restarted this morning. No error mesages anymore.
Re-added the same 3 albums, everything went smoothly.
I would in any case restart your roon server completely, without starting try8ng to cure the problem.
It will cure itself
Dirk

Hi, thanks for the reply. You are correct, that’s exactly what I did, adding album from Quobuz. Restarted everything, changed cores then back again and problem has now resolved, thank you :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.