Mac Mini - M1 - 16GB - macOS 13 Ventura

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet - ISP Router - No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Thunderbolt 3 Connection to a UAD Apollo Twin X

Number of Tracks in Library

20?

Description of Issue

I have a UAD Apollo Twin X with all of my system sound routed to virtual channels 1/2. For some reason Roon is working & playing through my Apollo but it’s not routing through Virtual 1/2 (most probably through MON L / R?) How can I get it to follow my system audio (configured in my Audio MIDI Settings) to Virtual 1/2?

Edit: More info. Roon seems to only care about Ch. 1 & 2 on the interface, doesn’t matter Virtual or MON. The simplest solution is to map virtual 3/4 to Ch. 1 & 2 respectively however this eats DSP resources but hey, it works.

Hi @Rdy,

Thank you for the report and for posting on Community.

First off, double-check that the routing in the Console app matches your DAW, and that both match your intended use case. In a signal path sense, you’re attempting to route Roon’s output through two software mixers (the OS system mixer, and UA’s Console) before reaching your DAW. The simplest solution is to build a dedicated reference path using an additional soundcard or virtual PCI, like Soundflower, and then route that into Console separately for monitoring reference material.

However, we have to pause there. On a broader note, Roon’s Zone output functionality is not designed for professional reference work using prosumer or pro audio interfaces or monitor controllers. Your setup sounds like you’re attempting to route hi-res audio streams into a DAW. While we trust your use case is in good faith, due to the piracy risks associated with virtual routing into music creation software, that setup is beyond the official scope of the support team. We’ll happily move your post over to #tinkering, where many prosumer and pro use cases for Roon will be happily received.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.