Ubuntu core server to pc laptop bridge ethernet connection

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu 18.04 roon 1.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core is on wifi, connects to bridge with wifi as well

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bridge on laptop connects by USB to mytek Brooklyn dac+

Description Of Issue

Would like to connect the core to the bridge using ethernet cable but the PC is not recognized by the Linux core server… How can I get the Linux core server to recognize the bridge over ethernet cable direct connection?

Hello @Kim_Coffey,

I am not sure what you mean by direct ethernet cable between the Core and the Bridge unless you have a virtual router running on the Core. A direct Ethernet connection between them wouldn’t be just plug and play. I would suggest connecting the Bridge via Wifi or via Ethernet to the router or a network switch.

What kind of laptop are you using for the bridge, is it Windows or OSX? Can you provide a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio Tab? Have you made sure to add both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe as exceptions to your laptop’s OS firewall and also to any Antivirus Firewalls you may have?

You can locate Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe by navigating to the Database Location/Application folder, and you can add them to Windows Firewall by using these instructions or OSX firewall by using these instructions.

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.