UDP-205 doesn’t accept “DSD native” from ROCK

Hi Jorge,

Thank You so much, they are really helpful at service@oppodigital.com

Best Regards.
Frank

1 Like

Still waiting for a fix for this. Oppo sent me 0112 but it wouldn’t let me revert and looking at the instructions it does say once you have 0118 you can’t revert to any previous official or beta firmware. How did you guy revert to 0112?

So strange… I followed the instructions backwards (to 0012) and didn’t have any problem. One month ago I reverted again to 0019 as I am not upsampling anymore files higher than DSD64 (SLite limit). The sound I got from Roon with squeezelite is better than the rest I heard before. Why again 0019 (and 0018)? Because OPPO have now the option to upsample to DSD 128 internally. Cheers Jorge

The new Roon OS update seems to have solved this problem for me, Native DSD works fine now on the OPPO UDP-205.

1 Like

Which Oppo firmware are you using? 0112, 0118, 0119?

Good news!
GitHub repository xmos-native-dsd hasn’t be updated for this problem. Which mean that ROCK OS support this without repository update!
I would like to try when I have a time.

I’m using 0119 which I installed to see if that would resolve the problem but it didn’t the problem still was there after I installed the 0119 update.

Confirmed that with 0119, the OPPO can again do native DSD 512. However, when using HQP I got white noise… So, the choice is between reverting to the old firmware in order to get full 512, or keep the 0118/119 and get MQA without DSD 512.

Great to hear that 0119 works with DSD AND MQA at the same time.
Now, can anyone send me the 0119 FW to me, please?
Oppo support couldn´t or didn´t want to help.
Best regards
Stefan

Oppo have send me the 0119 FW now and everything is working like a charm now - native DSD and MQA from Roon via USB in.

Can anyone in this forum help.

I have an Oppo 205. I am connecting the Oppo with ifi stream thru USB hoping that I can use the Oppo DAC for the MQA and native DSD. However, I am not able to play native DSD, only making white noise while playing native DSD. DoP work fine. Please help.

Your system architecture, IFI streamer usb output connect to UDP-205 input, correct?
Couldn’t you test direct connection from Roon core, somehow?

Roon core can do native DSD (with window driver).

Is the zen stream configured for USB out as its not setup by default when using Roon Ready you have to enable it in one of the zens menu as it defaults to coax out. @Michael_Harris is the Zen guru.

Yes, Zen defaults to SPDIF and also DOP (from memory).
So need to click on Device Info text in Settings->Audio and change Output to SPDIF and try Direct DSD instead of DOP. It will at least let you know if it is working