Ukraine invasion

The Russian people are innocent and kind, they also suffer almost the same hardship as the Ukranian. All because of an act of one man.

4 Likes

I am sure that the general population of Russia donā€™t want this war, it is just the powerful people at the top.
The fact that the Russian soldiers were being told lies to get them to Ukraine says much.
Putin has underestimated both the Ukraine and the rest of the world now standing up to him.

My heartfelt prayers are for the Ukrainian people to make it through safely.

2 Likes

They hardly know anything about it. For known reasons, the Russian media reports nothing or the wrong things.

I havenā€™t been able to sleep properly for days, sitting in front of the TV and flipping through the news channels. In daydreams I wish for the magical powers of the Avengers or Batman and wonder where Bruce Willis is. After all, itā€™s his job to save the world. And whereā€™s Rambo and Captain America, we could use Hulk as well.

When the morning comes and the head clears up again, you start thinking about what you can do as an ordinary person. And there is so much. You can donate, I did it through Aktion Deutschland hilft.

And those who, like me, are fortunate enough to own their own home can reduce their consumption of fossil fuels. This will make us less dependent on Russian imports.

2 days ago I commissioned the expansion of our photovoltaic system. And in 3 months our oil burner will be exchanged for a CO2-neutral heating system. Both of our cars are now purely electric and the electricity I use is generated from renewable sources.

And you can think about where the products you buy come from. The panels of my Photovoltaic do not come from China, even if they are ā‚¬1000 more expensive as a result. I also like bourbon whiskey better than vodka. Note: German retailers are currently taking Russian products off their shelves.

McIntosh makes good amps (Iā€™ve had 2) and Harley desirable bikes (I own one). Yes, even the individual can do something, at least to a limited extent.

1 Like

I am Ukrainian, now I am in Kyiv, under the bombing of Russian invaders! Children and old people are dying! They have lost their humanity! We will defeat this plague, we are strong! Thanks to America and Europe for your support, it is very important for us!!! The war will end, I want to return to the ROON again. Now, instead of a subscription, I gave all the money to the army of Ukraine! Glory to Ukraine!!!

21 Likes

Same here. We will expand our Solar panels and go completely gas-free.
We already reduced consumption by less heating and will also give donations.
Small things but better than doing nothing.

1 Like

The advice I was given to support Ukraine at the moment is to donate money to agencies already on the ground such as the Red Cross as due to the suspension of the banking system monies canā€™t get in directly.

2 Likes

I wish you, your family and friends all the best.
peremoha ukrayiny

1 Like

Yes that is what I am going to do.
This is more deserving than me buying some more music.
Hopefully Roon will let the link remain.

3 Likes

Thanks for the link.

Consider this a challenge to other forum members.

4 Likes

Donated a couple of days ago.

3 Likes

I too have deleted Gergiev albums. Sacked by the Munich Phil as he continues to support Putin. The man should be finished

4 Likes

I donated to save the children, who are also in country.

3 Likes

Donā€™t listen to what the communists say, look closely at what the communists do.

1 Like

100% agreed!
Not thoughts, not prayers but cash to Red Cross. More effective.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. Just donated from Australia.

3 Likes

Another idea

2 Likes

This is how the city of Kharkov looks after the bombing of Russian barbarians

Canā€™t ā€˜heartā€™ your post, as this would be mindless. But thank you for posting, for reminding the world about what is going on in Ukraine. And yes, barbaric indeed.

3 Likes

I can only echo Andreasā€™ sentiments, impossible to ā€œlikeā€ and even more impossible to live with. Words fail me.

1 Like

One of our drivers has left with a dozen of his mates(all ex military) to fight, arrives in about an hour.
Our plt network is also sending over plts of food/equip/clothes etc. to help. Amazed how many are going over to help.