Unable live radio

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Apple Airport router, cat 6a ethernet connections.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
PS Audio DSD with Bridge 2.

Description Of Issue
Unable to open any live radio. Receive message playback was interrupted because track failed to load. I have re-loaded codecs.

Hi @Sam_Zimmerman,

What kind of Core machine are you using?

core machine is nuc 10

A little more info. Nuc 10 i7, core installed approx. 1 mo. ago. All other features work perfectly. Never tried for live radio until yesterday, so I don’t know if it might have worked in the past. Went back and re-loaded codecs. I have re-booted Nuc a couple of times. I haven’t tried all the stations, but have tried half dozen, and none will open.

Hi @Sam_Zimmerman,

Can you please share a screenshot of your ROCK’s Web UI?

I don’t know what that is or where to find it. Sorry

ok, I found it and it says I am mising codecs, but I have downloaded the codecs into the codecs folder in the data folder

Hi @Sam_Zimmerman,

Did you make sure to extract the ffmpeg archive into the codecs folder? There should only be on ffmpeg file in the folder. I would also reboot ROCK via the Web Interface after placing the Codec file.

I only have the oneffmpeg file in the codcs folder. I did originally have a duplicate but have erased it. I don’t see how to re-boot from the web interface. Please explain that. I have re-booted the Nuc 10 by un-powering it for 30 sec. to no avail.

Hi @Sam_Zimmerman,

You can reboot via this button:

Can you share another screenshot of what your ffmpeg folder on ROCK looks like?
I would like to see the path and folder structure.

I hate being stupid, but I have no idea where that system status page is located.

ffmpeg-git-20201104-amd64-static is a folder containing ffmpeg. You should place only the ffmpeg file in the /Data/Codecs directory, nothing else.

Then restart rock using the Web-ui or simply use the power button.

I have disconnected power to re-boot several times to no avail

Does it still say you are missing codecs?

yes it does

Just to be clear, you replaced the ffmpeg-git-20201104-amd64-static folder in the /Data/Codecs directory with ffmpeg?

yes, and just to be sure I didn’t have a corrupted file, I just removed the ffmpeg file, re-downloaded, unzipped and re-installed the files, re-booted. And I still get missing codecs message

do you think it would be worth a try to re-install the OS?