Unable to access Nucleus via wireless connection

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus running Version 1.0 (build 227) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ubiquity Dream Machine Router/UAP-nano-HD access point

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Currently Nagra Tube DAC via USB

Description Of Issue

Although I can access the Nucleus via an ethernet connection through a MacBook Pro running the Roon application, I can’t access the Nucleus remotely through the mobile app. It can’t find the Nucleus on the network. This is true with an iPhone running ios 14.3 but also an Android device, so I’m guessing it’s not with the mobile app but something with the AP on the network. It worked fine unit a couple of days ago. Not sure if there was a firmware update to any of the Ubiquity network devices.

As a follow-up to my original post, the problem is clearly in the wireless connection. I pulled my Macbook Pro off an ethernet connection to a wireless connection and it can’t find the Nucleus now. There was a recent update to the AP so I suspect that’s the issue, but I don’t know what would cause it to not connect.

Hello @Jeffrey_Block, good troubleshooting! Have you rebooted your network since this issue started? Are either of your devices able to find the core by IP or on a different Wi-Fi band?

Yes, I rebooted everything but it didn’t fix it. I found out that the network had a different subnet than the Roon. Apparently the original network created by the Ubiquity router was considered a guest network. I created a second network as the main network and the Roon connected to that and everything works.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.