Unable to access Roon when internet is down

Roon Core Machine

SonicTransporter i7

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ziply DSL modem > Synology RT2600ac Router > English Electric8 switch - all devices (SonicTransporter, NAS, music players connected to Electric8 switch

Connected Audio Devices

Linn Klimax DSM, Naim NDX2, micro & UltraRendu, all via Ethernet to English Electric switch.

Number of Tracks in Library

34,210 total tracks: 28,464 on local NAS, 5,094 Qobuz

Description of Issue

I have occasional power failures which result in loss of internet access. I can run on a generator but with no internet access. Roon will not work without internet. In the iOS app, the “working” icon shows in the middle of the screen and just stays there, never resolves. I’ve tried restarting the app, restarting Roon on the SonicTransporter, and even rebooting the SonicTransporter. My network is self contained and I can use LMS, Minimserver with a Linn app, etc., to play music on various devices, but Roon is completely unresponsive until internet is restored.

It is fairly commonly reported that the IOS app is unusable when the internet is down. Can you use a desktop client to access Roon via a wired connection, see if that works for you?

Thanks for the response. I just disconnected the internet and tried Roon on an iMac. Unfortunately that didn’t work: first I got the “pinwheel of death” for two minutes, then the screen saying Roon couldn’t connect to the core and to check my internet connection and firewall settings. I can connect to the core device (SonicTransporter) without problems and see that Roon is running, so apparently it’s trying to connect to the internet and locking up when it can’t connect. Even if it did work on a computer, it wouldn’t be a viable solution since I don’t have a computer in the music room and would have to go to a different part of the house to access it.