Unable to access shared computer folders on computer hosting Roon Core

I have my Roon Core loaded on an iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) running Mac OS 10.12.6 (16G2136).

I am trying to access music on another mac computer which is available to the iMac under “Shared”. In Roon I have been attempting to access these shared files using “Add Network Share”. I have copied and pasted the location information of the folders listed under “Where” and “Server” in the “Get Info” window. Nothing works. I have read the Roon support pages but cannot find a solution. The folders are set to “share” on the host computer and are readable on the iMac computer.

Can you help?

Many thanks

Eric Briggs

Hi @Eric_Briggs,

Can you share a screenshot of what you’re entering into Roon as well as a screenshot of the Share settings on the Mac for the folder you’re trying to access?

We have some additional info about this process in our Help Center:

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for your response.

I have attached 4 screenshots - 2 of a couple of the numerous entries I have tried to "Add Network Share” in Roon, and 1 of the iMac that hosts the Roon core, and 1 of the computer that hosts the files I am trying to include in my Roon Storage Folders.

I have tried so many permutations now that I’m a bit lost.

The folder I am trying to access in this case is called “Downloads T5” and exists on a drive (Samsung_T5) attached to the computer that is being shared with the iMac (that hosts the Roon core).

Hope you can help.

Best wishes

Eric

Hi @Eric_Briggs,

The path you’ll want to use:

smb://erics-mac-mini/Downloads T5

Make sure that you also fill out the Username and Password for your Mac Mini as well.

Let me know if this works!

Hi Dylan,

Success!!!
Thank you very much for solving this issue. I realise that in fact I had tried the path you suggested but had not included the username and password of the mac mini.
Thank you also for your prompt replies.

Best wishes
Eric

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.