Unable to add music or url new Roon Load

Roon Core Machine

I have been using Roon for several years. It recently came up with an error and would not close.I deleted the program and reinstalled from the latest download. After 2 attempts it seems to load ok. I discovered that I could not load any album, or track despite following the “ add music” link, drag and drop etc. also I was unable to add a url radio link . KCSM Jazz . All my music and the link were working fine on the previous install.
System is a Mac mini , with

Monterey . Nothing else has changed. All music is on the Mac mini, no NAS etc. comes with internet maintained at all Times!
Q is there a secret file I should delete that release my music ?
Q. How is it possible that this should happen ? After all adding music is pretty much a basic requirement.)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

You might check in the “settings\storage” area in Roon to make sure you have a storage location defined? I am not familiar with MAC files access privilege’s, but I am sure someone will be along to help on that.

As for the KCSM jazz, I found this station already in Roon by searching for “KCSM”:

Many thanks. I will be interested to see if KCSM fires up ! Never knew about the storage location issue,

1 Like

And yes I cannot access the Radio stations, the Roon Logo just does its wiggle for an eternity !

Can you see any radio stations at all? Or just can not find KCSM?

I see none, just the wiggle logo

On my third reload of Roon, and a complete new load of my music onto the Macmini.
I get no indication that i need to log into my Roon account. Sadly its been a few years that I havnt had to get involved in the software.
Thank god for my vinyl ! It just keeps giving. I might have to go back to Jiriver…

Hey @michael_dowen,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, please update to the latest roon build and let me know if you still run into the same issue. If so, can you please fill out the rest of the necessary system info, including your full network setup? How is your core connected to your router? Do you have any network switches in play?

I’ll be on stand for your reply :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.