Unable to add Tidal albums to my library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 (64-bit) - Roon v1.8 (build 778)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core and Remote are hardwired to my home LAN via ethernet cables (1Gbit)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

N/A - not an audio/playback/device issues

Description Of Issue

I have recently noticed that I cannot add Tidal releases to my library (from any Remote device - Windows or Android). When I click on the ‘+’ icon under the album/artist name, I get a little popup saying something like ‘adding to library’ and the + icon is replaced by a spinning circle. But that’s it… the album is never added and the spinning circle just keeps on spinning. If I exit and return, then the circle is replaced by the +

Hi Nik,
Unfortunately I’ve been in such situation before. How many Tidal albums do you have? Can you add an album to favourites in the Tidal app or do you get an error there?

Thanks.

I can add albums via the Tidal app with no issue. I am currently waiting to see how long it takes for the addition to show up in Roon. N.B: I can still play Tidal music in Roon - I did wonder if there was an account issue. I might try disconnecting and reconnecting my Tidal account to see what difference that makes.

How did your problem resolve itself?

well that’s interesting… could be an account issue after all (see spinning circle by Tidal).

Ok, then it’s another issue. Because the reason for my was Tidal 10,000 favourites limit.

Thanks anyway. The problem resolved itself after I disabled Tidal and then re-enabled it. However, this does not explain the root cause of the problem.

1 Like