Unable to complete setup

Roon Core Machine

Core: Windows 10pro v22H2, Intel(R) Core™ i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz, 64 bit 0s with 16GB RAM.

Remote: iPad (7th generation, v17.0.3, 32GB).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

iPad is wireless, Bryston and my PC are wired to my AT&T issued BGW210-700 modem. I originally had a Netgear Nighthawk (netgear 80) downstream of the AT&T router, but I removed it because of this problem. But that didn’t fix anything.

Connected Audio Devices

Bryston BDP2

Number of Tracks in Library

Irrelevant, as I’m mostly streaming

Description of Issue

I downloaded Roon Core to my PC and successfully merged with my Tidal subscription.

Everything is on the same network, and nothing recognizes anything else. The iPad can’t find Roon Core, Roon Core can’t find the Bryston, etc.

The iPad can find the Bryston, because I’ve been controlling Tidal that way for over a year.

Now three days in to my free trial, I have nothing.

I even tried to download Core to my iPad, but that didn’t work. It just wouldn’t load.

Have you checked your Windows firewall settings aren’t preventing Roon components from talking to each other?

2 Likes

Also make sure that your Windows network is not set to “Public” but set to “Private”.

–MD

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.