Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wifi - Netgear Orbi

Connected Audio Devices

WiFi to Denon AVR-X4500H

Number of Tracks in Library

3,300 Tracks

Description of Issue

Roon will not connect to my Denon reciever

Your Denon model is Roon tested, but not Roon Ready.
It won‘t connect „directly“.
The route to go is activate Airplay. Roon can play/cast to Airplay and Denon supports it as well. So as soon as your receiver has activated Airplay you should see it in the Audio section of the settings within the Roon app and have to activate it there as well. Then you should be able to play music.
Hope this helps as you didn‘t mention „Airplay“ in your question.

According to the Denon specifications the device is not “Roon Tested” or “Roon Ready” & I couldn’t see a mention of Airplay (I may have missed it).
So, it looks like a Roon Bridge is needed.

LOL Paul, I appreciate you are trying to help, but you need to know the facts.

You find the Info about Roon ready/tested on Roonlabs website:

https://roonlabs.com/partners/denon

Airplay (even 2) is confirmed in technical data on Denon‘s website:

The OP’s Mac should be able to Airplay as well.

As I said I may have missed “Airplay” and, it transpires, I didn’t scroll far enough down the page :roll_eyes:

No offense intended.

Would like to hear from Timothy if he could get it workin‘.

…and none taken :pray:t3:

Thanks, Dan. The root of the problem seems to be a recent firmware auto update for the Denon receiver, which deleted its wifi settings. Resetting them temporarily resolved this, but I had to restore the settings again. I think the issue is with the receiver itself not Roon. I haven’t had any trouble with an older Denon that I also use or with my Anthem receiver.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.